Tips for lightweight Aikido Jackets
With daylight saving time and it being spring, the time might have come for a lightweight Aikido jacket. Lightweight Aikidogi? Indeed, they exist! Special lightweight Aikido suits are available that are light yet very sturdy. Listing 5 benefits, Aikipro explains why you should really have one this year!
- In warm weather, your body transpires more to get rid of excess body heat. A lightweight suit will drain away excess body heat better, because it works less insulating than a standard Aikido suit. With a lightweight Aikido suit, you do not risk having a wet suit leaving its marks on the mat, because it dries better during class.
- A lightweight suit is usually more than half the weight of a standard suit. This makes a huge difference with the maximum weight allowed for hand luggage. Especially when you fly or have to move around a lot, these kilograms make all the difference.
- A lightweight suit dries much faster. This is very interesting when you have several trainings in a short period of time; your suit can dry in between.
- Because of the lesser weight, you have less weight to lift when getting up (this can sometimes make a difference of more than 1 kilogram: suit + perspiration). This seems like a small difference, but try training with 1 kilogram of lead on our suit or ankles: you will figure out why!
- Lightweight Aikido suits are usually made out of softer cotton; this feels nice and soft, much different from the standard Aikido suits with a woven pattern. In addition, the lightweight Aikido suits stay softer than the standard suits after washing them a number of times.